Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Getting to the (Abnormal) Heart of Love

Maybe it's the helpless romantic in me, maybe it's the museum geek in me, or maybe it's just an unholy combination of the two, but I love reading about love events in museums--particularly when the museum has an unexpected focus. For example, a few years ago I remember reading about how a Japanese parasite museum was apparently all the rage for dating couples. Well now the Mutter Museum in Philly will be hosting a single event courtesy of Meet Market Adventures. I had the pleasure of visiting the Mutter this past fall and let me tell you, it will indeed be an adventure! The medical museum (whose website aptly boasts that it is "disturbingly informative) holds collections that consist of medical anomalies, some of which are definitely not for the squeamish.

No comments:

Post a Comment